New funding from the state and federal levels is available to assist businesses and communities impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over the past year, Northspan has assisted multiple organizations with the creation and administration of these types of funds:
- Northland Foundation, State of MN Small Business Relief Grants — Assisted with verification of grantee documents, awarding 394 businesses grants totaling $3.94 million.
- Itasca Economic Development Corporation, CARES Act Grants — Creation of application process as well as review of applicant materials for 250+ businesses in Itasca County. Awarded $1.8 million, with $300,000 dedicated to assist the logging industry, and an additional round dedicated to non-profits.
- Fond du Lac Band, CARES Act Grants — Created application process and provided third party application review and grant award recommendations. Awarded 23 businesses grants totaling $115,000.
- East Range Joint Powers Board, COVID Relief Small Business Grants — Created application process and awarded 8 local businesses grants totaling $20,000. Later designed and now administering a loan program for the area.
- Entrepreneur Fund, Minnesota Disaster Relief Grants — Assisted with third party review and verification of grantee documents. Awarded 48 businesses grants totaling $168,000.
During the past year, we’ve had additional helpful conversations with many others looking for basic guidance on how to receive funding.
We welcome a conversation on how to best assist you as this new round of funding rolls out! Reach Out