Northspan is a recognized leader in community development, and works to identify, develop, and fund projects that strengthen community tax bases, attract and retain businesses, and enhance the quality of life for those who live and work there.
- Coordinate and facilitate critical conversations
- Provide strategic support and gap capacity for communities and regional partnerships
- Devise strategies for diversification, change, and sustainable growth
- Critically examine, research, and analyze opportunities and challenges
- Provide policy recommendations and process for change
Learn More from Our Case Studies
Community Strategic Support
Northspan often enters relationships with individual communities and collaborations between multiple governments to advance a common mission and grow their economic base. Our work with GPS 45:93 and the East Range Joint Powers Board shows how we bring communities together to increase their capacity and address pressing issues.
Northspan conducts research that analyzes local economic development opportunities and challenges to explore creative approaches for the communities in which we work. We dive in to find the root causes of issues and lay out a framework for a long-term solution. Our study of housing construction costs in Duluth shows how Northspan takes existing data to the next level to give communities a tangible product with clear outcomes.