Applications Due by Friday, September 10 at 4:00 PM
Northspan is pleased to announce the beginning of its recruitment process for up to 3 new members for its Board of Directors. As in the past, Northspan is using an open process to solicit new board members and invites members of the public to apply.
“Northspan is excited to welcome in new board members to share fresh ideas and help guide our direction,” said Northspan Board of Directors Chair Arik Forsman. “We welcome applicants from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds who share Northspan’s values and are committed to improving economic well-being in the places it serves.”
The Northspan Board of Directors is comprised of 9 to 13 members and holds fiduciary, strategic, and generative responsibilities for Northspan. Board members may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms and are expected to participate in four annual board meetings and serve on at least one committee over the course of their terms.
The application process is open now and applications are due by Friday, September 10 at 4:00 PM. Applicants will interview with the Governance Committee of the Northspan Board of Directors in mid-September. The committee will notify applicants of its decisions in by October 22 and recommend the new board members at a Northspan Board of Directors meeting on October 28. The new members’ terms will begin in January 2022 with the January 27, 2022 board meeting.
The application process is open to everyone and the board desires increased representation from the following:
- Three of the seven counties (Northern St. Louis, Carlton, and Koochiching) of northeast Minnesota,
- The six sovereign American Indian nations (Bois Forte, Fond du Lac, Grand Portage, Leech Lake, Mille Lacs, and Red Lake) of northeastern Minnesota,
- Five counties (Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine) in East Central Minnesota
- Three counties (Douglas, Bayfield and Ashland) of northwest Wisconsin
- ETHNICITY/RACE (black, indigenous, persons of color)
- BACKGROUND (business & industry, small business, entrepreneurs and/or community and economic development)
- AGE (we encourage those with elder (65+ years old) and youth (Under 18 or 18-34 years old) perspectives to apply!)
To learn more, download our Board Member Position and Committee Descriptions Revised 08.11.21
Click RIGHT HERE to submit your application & resume!
Email any questions to Elissa Hansen, Northspan President & CEO, email@example.com