The Koochiching Economic Development Authority (KEDA) is the point of contact for businesses looking to start, expand, or locate in Koochiching County. KEDA can assist in site selection, economic assistance, and workforce information in cities throughout Koochiching County, including:
- International Falls
- Big Falls
- Northwest Cities
The KEDA was created to simplify the process of locating or expanding a business in Koochiching County. It works with other economic development agencies to provide finance and incentive options. It also acts as a liaison between the various local units of government to handle development details.
Koochiching County highlights for you, your family, and your business:
- A full-service airport with daily scheduled commercial flights to Minneapolis and a first-rate highway system provide access.
- An abundant variety of recreational opportunities in four distinct seasons, including a gateway to Minnesota’s only National Park: Voyageurs National Park.
- A quality educational system including Rainy River Community College provides a committed and adaptable workforce.
- The average cost of living is lower, allowing you to get more for your housing, utility, and taxation dollars while enjoying high quality of life.
- International Falls/Ranier is an inland port with one of the busiest rail crossings in North America with Canadian National Railway.
- A Foreign Trade Zone developed in 2015 includes all of Koochiching County and provides benefits for companies importing products into the U.S.
In these times of globalization and a challenging business environment, Koochiching County can provide not only a competitive location to conduct business but also the balance of a high quality of life. The KEDA understands the changing dynamics of business needs and continues to evolve to provide the essential groundwork for business success.
Check out the KEDA website for info on development sites, business development resources, and more: https://www.businessupnorth.com/